Covid-19 testing and certificate for travelers
Whether leaving on a trip or returning to Finland from abroad, you can discuss the need for COVID-19 testing and a test certificate with our nurses who are familiar with the needs of travelers.
In addition to the test referral, the service provides instructions for the test schedule and obtaining the required test certificate in electronic or paper format. Our service is open 24/7.
If you are a Finnish citizen and have a Finnish Social security number, you can obtain a referral for the test from the Terveystalo mobile app or in the COVID-19 testing service for travelers in our web service. The services require strong authentication. You can also use the services through our customer service at +358 (0)30 6000.
If you are not a Finnish citizen, please contact our customer service by phone at +358 (0)30 6000 to discuss the need for Covid-19 testing. Our customer service can help you to reserve the correct test at the correct time. We can also provide you with the correct test certificate in either electronic or paper format.
Terveystalo delivers Covid-19 test results to the Kanta archive for the EU Digital Covid Certificate. The required travel document for the EU area can be printed from the Kanta archive without cost. If you are not a Finnish citizen and require the EU Digital Covid Certificate, please contact our customer service by phone from + 358 (0)30 6000. Terveystalo is able to deliver the EU DCC for non-Finnish citizens who have taken a Covid-19 test at Terveystalo.
Terveystalo cooperates with Finnair. You can find our services for Finnair customers at: www.terveystalo.com/en/finnair.
- Please contact our services for travelers via chat or by phone.
- Oma Terveys: COVID-19 testing of travelers chat
- + 358 (0)30 6000*
- Finnair customer
- Take the test at the scheduled time.
- You will receive the result in the Terveystalo app and Web service as soon as it becomes available.
- You will receive the certificate in the Terveystalo app's messages -section. It will also be sent as an encrypted email. In addition, Terveystalo delivers Covid-19 test results to the Kanta archive for the EU Digital Covid Certificate. The required travel document for the EU area can be printed from the Kanta archive without cost.
Please contact our traveler services by phone at +358 (0)30 6000* or by the COVID-19 testing for travelers chat to book a convenient appointment in the preferred city.
You can find the chat services in the Terveystalo mobile app and the browser version of Oma Terveys. The service is open 24/7.
If your employer has included this additional service in your occupational health services, you will find a COVID-19 testing for business travelers chat in Oma Terveys.
Find out the COVID-19 test requirements well in advance of the trip: the required certificates and time limits for the test are country-specific and may change at a fast pace. Airlines and shipping companies may have their own instructions for the certificates required from travelers.
You can find up-to-date information about the test requirements of different countries for example at the IATA website.
Here you can read more about the test options offered by Terveystalo.
Please provide our professional with clear information about your needs. Our professional helps you with the test schedule and the required COVID-19 certificate, but the customer is responsible for finding out what requirements apply to travel.
Terveystalo is not responsible for expenses arising from travel schedules or requirements related to travel or any changes to these.
EU COVID-19 Certificate
EU COVID-19 certificates for children under 10
COVID-19 certificates for children under 10 years of age are accessible via their guardian’s My Kanta. As a guardian, you can save or print the certificate from My Kanta by logging in to My Kanta.
EU COVID-19 certificates for children aged 10–17
If the child has their own online banking credentials or mobile authentication ID, the child will see the certificate from My Kanta. If a child aged 10–17 is unable to log in to My Kanta, you can request the certificate from our customer service. If the child is aged 12–17, the following should be noted:
- Oral consent or a power of attorney is required from children aged 12–17 if the certificate is to be delivered to a guardian. The child can give their oral consent on the phone when you contact our customer service or you can submit a power of attorney, for example, when a COVID-19 test sample is taken.
- The certificate will be delivered to the guardian electronically through the Messages section of the Terveystalo application or as an encrypted email. The certificate may also be delivered as an encrypted email to children over the age of 12. Please specify the delivery method when contacting our customer service.
The results of COVID-19 tests performed at Terveystalo are updated to the Kanta archive within approximately 10 hours after the result is ready. Terveystalo is not responsible for any problems occurring in the Kanta services.
Instructions for using the EU COVID-19 certificate in Kanta services are available here.
Terveystalo’s customer service 030 6000*. It takes 1–3 days for the certificate to be delivered. The certificate is free of charge.
*Call charges from mobile phones 8,35 cent/call + 19,33 cent/min and from landline network 8,35 cent/call + 3,20 cent/min. Queuing is also subject to charges.
Certificate issued by Terveystalo
If your child needs a separate test certificate issued by Terveystalo, please inform our traveler services about this when making the appointment.
The separate test certificate will be delivered no later than the day after the result is ready, depending on the schedule agreed with our healthcare professional.
The child's certificate is delivered to the guardian's Terveystalo application and the Terveystalo online services. It is also sent as an encrypted e-mail if the guardian has attached the child's information to their own profile.
To add a child to your profile, follow these instructions:
- Download the Terveystalo app to your device from the respective app store.
- Log in to the application. As a new user, you must log in with your online bank identifier or mobile authentication.
- Open the app, click on “Act on behalf of a child” and, if your child is under 12 years of age, proceed to add the child’s information to your profile.
- If your child is over 12 years of age, you can link the child's information to your profile by calling our customer service, tel. +358 (0)30 6000*. The child must give consent on the phone to add you as the guardian.
- Next, save your child's Kela card in the application, and the amount of Kela reimbursement will be deducted from the cost of your visits reimbursable by Kela.
A coronavirus test can be reimbursed by Kela when the test is performed on a child who has symptoms suggestive of the coronavirus or who has been exposed to the infection. Kela does not reimburse coronavirus tests taken for travel.
Use of the Oma Terveys service requires strong authentication. If you don’t have a Finnish bank ID or a mobile certificate, the certificate is sent only as an encrypted e-mail.
When you go to the test at the scheduled time, you will receive the result in the Oma Terveys service and the Terveystalo app as soon as it is ready.
The time it takes to get the result varies by city. The quickest time is in the Helsinki metropolitan area where PCR test results take 24 hours on the average.
By latest, you will receive a separate test certificate one day after the result is ready, depending on the schedule agreed with our professional.
You will receive the certificate in the Terveystalo app and Terveystalo online service. It will also be sent as an encrypted email.
Use of the Oma Terveys service requires strong identification. If you don’t have Finnish bank IDs or a mobile certificate, the certificate is sent as an encrypted e-mail.
How to receive a COVID-19 certificate as an encrypted e-mail:
- You will receive a separate instruction e-mail from the address firstname.lastname@example.org. It contains instructions for opening an encrypted email.
- The certificate is sent as encrypted e-mail shortly after the instruction e-mail.
- Please check your spam folder if you don’t receive the certificate within 15 minutes of receiving the instruction e-mail.
- If you encounter problems with the receipt of the certificate, please call our customer service at +358 (0)30 6000*.
If you need a certificate in paper format, you can collect it from the Terveystalo clinic agreed at the time of appointment booking.
The price for the services is EUR 40 + the price for the test, including a referral and an electronic certificate. An additional feel of EUR 34 is charged for a paper certificate.
You can find prices for the various COVID-19 tests here. Please note that COVID-19 testing related to travel is not reimbursed by Kela.
Terveystalo cooperates with Finnair. You can find our services for Finnair customers and a list of prices at: www.terveystalo.com/en/finnair.