Towards a humanely efficient organization
People are more complex than organizational charts and their needs cannot be fulfilled with simple goals, structures and responsibilities. Today’s work community must also consider factors such as a sense of community, trust, motivation, emotions and meaningfulness. This is an equation we call humane efficiency. As professionals of organizational psychology, we will transform your organization’s human potential into business growth, helping you identify challenges, find development needs and follow through with making the changes part of the daily operations of your organization.
Aiming for a healthy and humanely efficient organization
A healthy and efficient organization needs comprehensive insight into its current situation and the ability to look to the future. We help you comprehensively analyze your organization’s operations from various viewpoints, identify the necessary changes and implement the changes in a functional manner. A humanely efficient organization combines both operational efficiency and humanity. Operational efficiency means that the goals, responsibilities and structures are clear. Humane efficiency means that people’s psychological needs, such as a sense of community, trust, motivation, emotions and the feeling of meaningful work are taken into consideration. We help your company or organization find the right balance between operational and humane efficiency.
Solving organizations’ development issues together
Humane efficiency can be achieved by solving critical problems by means of psychology and the best business practices.
Dysfunctional leadership means that the organization lacks clarity and direction. Decision-making processes may be slow, the Management Group’s operations are inefficient and there are no clear priorities in the work of immediate supervisors. In these situations, our services, such as the Humane Efficiency Coaching for Supervisors, Executive Counselling and the Humanely Efficient Management Group packages will support your organization.
When a change is not working, people are not committed and motivated to implement the change. The ownership of the change belongs solely to the management, not the entire organization. In that case, the goals of the change will not be reached. In these situations, our services such as the Change Management and Humanely Efficient Organization service packages will support your organization.
In a dysfunctional organization, people are not happy and healthy and there is a drop in profitability, growth, and development. In these situations, our services, such as the Change Management and Humanely Efficient Organization service packages will support your organization.
Why invest in humane efficiency?
- Growth in profitability: operational and humane efficiency are closely interconnected in organizations. Internal quality and performance are the starting point for the personnel’s well-being and, as a result, for profitability and the added value produced for the customers. On the other hand, internal quality cannot be reached unless people are committed and motivated to follow the shared practices and processes. The development of an organization’s functional capacity is based on better integration of operational and humane efficiency.
- Successful organizational changes: most of the organizational changes do not reach their goals. Organizational changes do not fail because the plans for change projects are unclear but because the organization has failed to sufficiently consider the human factors. When the leadership is targeted not only at operational matters but also at people, the goals of the changes can be reached.
- Growth of human well-being: when the basic psychological needs are taken into consideration, people are happy and healthy and have energy for their work. The employees have the opportunity to do their job well and bring their own input to the work community and its well-being. Creativity and problem-solving skills flourish.
- Enhanced recruitment and commitment: as the competition for the best experts gets tough on the labor market, organizations must increasingly invest in the improvement of humane efficiency to increase retention in current employees and attract potential employees in order to achieve a competitive advantage.
Some of the best methods of organizational psychology used in our services
- Organizational case formulation helps focus on the right things.
- Field & Forum practice is an effective means of teaching skills and putting them to permanent practice.
- Building the change into a story helps understand the different phases of the change in a concrete manner and process any worries and uncertainties related to the change.
- Observations enable quick, low-threshold interventions.
- Individual coaching and therapy offer individual assistance as part of a more extensive change project.
- Personality and working style indicators allow people to increase their mutual understanding and manage more purposeful operations.
Support from experts of organizational psychology and business
Outi is our Chief Organizational Psychologist with strong expertise in business and finance. She specializes in improving organizational structures and processes and developing management skills. Outi is a trained psychologist and has a Master’s degree in Economics and Business Administration. Before her career as a psychologist, Outi worked as a financial management expert.
Pekka’s passion is to help individuals, groups and organizations feel healthy and happy and improve their performance. He has coached and trained a large number of individuals, groups and organizations. Pekka has a Master’s degree in Psychology as well as Economics and Business Administration and he is a certified Business Coach. In his work, Pekka uses his 15 years of experience in business and consulting with McKinsey and other employers.
Annamari is an Organizational Psychologist with a strong understanding of developing and managing the psychological capital of individuals, teams and entire organizations. She is a trained psychologist and cognitive psychotherapist and has a PhD. Annamari is particularly interested in helping people live full, dynamic lives, both at work and at home.
Sami has more than a decade of experience in solving challenging individual and organizational problems. Sami is passionate about organizational development in cooperation with the management and the employees. In addition to organizational psychology, Sami has a Master’s degree in Psychology and he is a work advisor specialized in complex systems.
Eveliina is an Organizational Psychologist with strong experience in the development of individuals and organizations. She is particularly interested in examining the organizational and team-specific cultures impacting human behaviour. She has a Doctorate in Psychology, a Master’s degree in Economics and Business Administration as well as a Master of Arts degree. In her work, Eveliina aims to develop the comprehensive well-being and problem-solving skills of individuals and organizations and helps them reach their goals.
Merit is an expert of organizational psychology and aims to promote humanely and operationally sustainable, efficient working life. Merit has a Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering and Management, specializes in organizational planning and management and, in the summer of 2022, she will complete her Master’s degree in Psychology. In her work, Merit also uses her experience in developing work, working in a growth company, software business and academic research into organizational psychology.
Why choose Terveystalo’s humane efficiency services?
First-class, comprehensive expertise in psychology
We bring together business insight and psychological expertise in an innovative manner. We have the largest private community of psychologists in Finland with in-dept expertise in various applications of psychology. Our service network of experts in psychology covers all of Finland and Sweden.
Health services supporting comprehensive well-being
We have diverse medical and health care competence. Our services supporting psychological well-being include a sleep clinic, nutritional therapy and physical therapy.
Data-based influencing and innovations
We use diverse data to support influencing by, for example, analysing the occupational health data to predict sickness absences and offering benchmarking data concerning well-being and health in the organization. We are constantly developing new digital services.
Humane Efficiency Coaching for Supervisors
Learn to build a healthier, more efficient organization by integrating efficiency with humanity. During coaching, you get to develop your skills as a supervisor and learn to improve your organization’s ability to function with the help of our expert team specialized in organizational psychology.
Read more on the topic
An efficient or a humanely efficient organization? A well-functioning organization requires both kinds of efficiency
An organization is efficient when it takes into account both operational and humane efficiency in its operations. Humane efficiency takes people’s psychological needs into consideration – and that is why it is worth putting its ideas into practice now.
Do you know your role as a leader?
Understanding different management methods makes leadership easier, even in challenging situations. Humanely efficient leadership combines both operational efficiency and humanity. Pay attention to competing leadership roles: do you lean towards people management, change management, performance management or internal process management?
Are you the dynamo in your team?
According to Antti Aro, Terveystalo's Chief Occupational Health Psychologist, the best way to ensure the well-being and success of the entire team is a leader who knows three things.
Successful management of remote work requires trust
Working remotely has become familiar to even more people during the past year, and it is expected to remain a permanent part of work even after the pandemic. Managing remote work in exceptional circumstances poses challenges: how to take care of your employees’ well-being and work ability remotely, and what kinds of structures does efficient remote or hybrid work require?